I took most of the day off yesterday. Had to run errands and see to other mundane tasks. I'm sort of still in "time off mode" this morning, so I thought I'd do a fun post. The response to my post 5 Little Known Facts About Me got such a tremendous response all those months ago, I figured I'd give you 5 more. Some of them will be surprising, others just amusing or odd. So here we go.
1. I prefer cats to dogs: Nothing against dogs, I just like cats better. I love their independent nature and their attitude. Think about it, they have the world by the tail; they have humans to tend to their every need, we feed them, provide them a litter box and give them all the rubs and cuddles they want. In return, they do exactly as they please at all times, condition us into providing the aforementioned rubs and cuddles on their schedule and according to their whims and get to sleep all day. Pretty sweet deal. Yup, cats have it all figured out.
2. I'm a pretty good cook: This one might not be so surprising, I mean, I'm a pretty big guy, I obviously like to eat, so it would stand to reason that I'd be somewhat proficient in rustling up some grub. That being said, I'm told I'm better than average. In fact, I have it on good authority that I'm especially skilled at breakfasts and well, any type of meat.
3. I don't drive: Yeah, can you imagine? I'm 48 years old and I have never felt the need to get my driver's licence. I've toyed with the idea, but it's just not for me. Given my temper and my tendency to become easily distracted, it's probably for the best. Anyway, I prefer to be driven around. ;)
4. I have never and will never own a mobile phone: Yeah, I know, I'm a luddite. I never felt the need to get one, and to be honest, I don't want one, ever. I don't like them. I don't want to be within everyone's reach at all times. If I go for a nice walk in the woods, the last thing I want is my ass vibrating, interrupting my peace. If people want to speak with me, they can always reach me the old fashioned way, at home, and if I don't answer, I'm either not there or I'm busy, try again later. That method served me well the first half of my life, no reason it can't work now.
5. I'm really rooting for Bigfoot and aliens: I love all that stuff, it's fascinating! The idea of a giant hairy creature wandering around in the bush, it's awesome. I've watched countless documentaries and movies about it. I'm not sure they actually exist, but I wish they did, or hope they do. The same goes for aliens. I mean come on, in a universe this vast, is it really that much of a stretch to think that other intelligent life may exist? If it does, I'd like to say, "hey guys, we've messed Earth up pretty good over here, how about you come on over and give us a hand fixing things?"